Authors | Illustrators | Agents
Genius Cat Books selectively publishes around twenty-five children’s titles a year. Our approach is straightforward:
We are marketing-focused for every single title we publish. We have a strong background in marketing and PR from the toy industry, and we apply our knowledge to the book industry, with great results. We invest in titles for more than one season, and market our titles on an ongoing basis.
We have superior distribution through Two Rivers/Ingram. Ingram is the largest independent distributor with capabilities as strong as the major houses. They have an effective and significant sales force in all areas, including national accounts, field, mass merchandisers and clubs, special sales, and gift. They also provide strong international distribution with sales reps representing markets across the globe.
- We do three types of deals:
- Traditional deals with advances against standard royalties
- Profit-sharing arrangements that can yield more than double traditional royalties
- Publishing partnerships for more entrepreneurial authors/illustrators/brands who are looking to maximize revenue and build brands. Learn more HERE.
We are a good partner for creatives looking for a personalized, long-term, and marketing-focused approach.
What we look for:
- We look to establish, not follow, trends.
- Commercial stories with brand potential.
- Fun, funny, zany, kid-focused stories
Please send your pitch and full picture book manuscripts to email@example.com. For all other children’s book formats, please send a sample chapter only. For illustrators, please send a link to your portfolio.
*Due to the volume of inquiries we receive, please allow at least 8-12 weeks for a response.